Discussion in 'Los Angeles DODGERS' started by irish, Feb 18, 2023.
Edited to reflect my take.
Otherwise, yes. I'm with you.
have to imagine that guys like FF and Mookie must look at each w wtf were we thinking looks
sound like kamala speaking to everyone like they're children
guarantee the team has already tuned him out
Here's what I take from this:
1. He clearly doesn't know his audience. This is a ST speech you give to a team of mostly rookies or a team that's floundered for the last number of years. Not a team that has a ten-year playoff streak.
2. It's Davey being Davey. Trying to relate to his players, so that they can see him as their friend, not as an authority. Because this approach has worked so well in the past.
3. I bet he gave them each a pat on the ass as they left the meeting, looked in their eyes, and said, "I believe in you."
4. Thor's comments from the day before about the great vibe in LA just got 100% negated. Now he's asking his agent to see if the contract can be voided.
5. Ask yourselves, "Are we in, or are we out?" Are you fuckin' kidding me??? Part of me wants to say he was hoping to get a similar response as Belushi's speech in Animal House. ''Cause when the going gets tough, the tough get going. Who's with me? Let's do it!" And they all stand up and run out of the room with Bluto... I mean, Davey. He must've been bummed to just see "What the fuck?" looks from everyone.
This reminds me of when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...
let him go, he’s on a roll
so it appears i have the norovirus
feel like shit
100+ fever, crackhead headache, stomach cramps, puking, diarrhea
my throat and anus are sorer than finski’s on prom night
Sorry, brohim. Get well soon please. Otherwise, I'll have to mop that nudie booth myself, pal.
Sorry to hear. Did you test positive because it also sounds like the flu? In any case, get well soon bud.
Get better, Irish!
i guess that's what i had a few months back
i went to the ER on the first day cause i puked so hard my hands went numb and i couldn't stop it
truly thought i was going to die in the first 5 hours of that shit
good news it doesn't last that long feel better mate
Apparently the annual flu shot has no effect on the norovirus. Fuck.
diablo was 100% right… there was about 5-6 hours i thought i was going to die
feel much better now but real weak
Last offseason the Dodgers signed Tyler Anderson to a one-year, $8 million deal and Andrew Heaney to a one-year, $8.5 million deal. This offseason, Anderson signed for three years and $39 million, while Heaney signed for two years and $25 million. The Mark Prior effect is real.
1:46 PM · Dec 6, 2022
Thor likes this.
Hearing interviews with different pitchers over the past several years many of them also give assistant pitching coach Connor McGuiness a lot of credit, too.
Roberts confirmed Heyward's progress and swing changes during batting practice on Monday, adding that he "absolutely" has a leg up in the competition for the final outfield spot.
he even hit a HR off Zappa in bp so i guess that seals it for davey
besides who wants a young exciting home grown kid to get a chance when you can have an old washed up vet ?
and ethnicity definitely wasn’t a factor
Dave Roberts says Miguel Vargas still can’t swing the bat but he’ll play around five innings of defense, and they’ll work out a deal with the Brewers to allow him to not hit in tomorrow’s ST opener.
9:05 AM · Feb 24, 2023
and in a related story, dodger fans are trying to work out a deal to have roberts not manage the team
Dodgers All-Star outfielder Mookie Betts has spent most of his career in the leadoff spot, said he’s most comfortable in that spot, and it’s worked out well for him and the team. But Dodgers’ manager Dave Roberts said he’s considering moving Betts down in the lineup.
Typical Dodger horseshit under the Roberts " leadership"...change/fix what is absolutely a strong point of the lineup and not broken like the Betts leadoff spot, and leave the holes in it festering and wallowing in weaknesses without so much as a valid tweak.
Oh, sorry...forgot. Heywood. How stupid of me.
The " IFS" on the Dodger team this year loom as large as the letters in the HOLLYWOOD sign.
Every team, every year, has them, of course. But the amount the Dodgers are turning there lonely eyes to this upcoming season to come through, is just not realistic, imo.
Separate names with a comma.